Answered

Stuck because I opened my Typeform account using Google

• 26 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I opened a basic account using my Google account. Then I learned I can’t change the email. So I opened a second basic account using our organization’s email, believing I’d be able to transfer my surveys over to the new account. Then I learned I have to upgrade to a Plus account in order to avoid having to recreate my surveys. If I upgrade the original basic Google account to Plus, will I be able to move my surveys to the  second Basic account I created? Or does the account you’re moving to have to also be a Plus account?

Thanks in advance,

Holly

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 January 2024, 09:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Holly W Thanks for stopping by the community and sorry for the troubles with your accounts. To move forms between accounts, you would need to upgrade, but it might be best to reach out to our support team for help with this. They can help you with the email on your account and the location of those forms so it’s a bit less manual work for you. 

Thanks Liz. I did click the link you provided and got a reply the next day. A helpful team member named Ben copied the files over for me. 

Had I known it isn’t possible to update an account initiated with a Google login to a regular email, I would have used a regular email to begin with. Too bad there isn’t really a way to warn folks of this. Chalk it up to customer education, I guess. I will definitely be wiser about signing up for apps and services with a Google login in the future.

That said, I really like using Typeform. It’s a vastly better experience over SurveyMonkey. If it had a Shopify integration it would be ideal for my purposes. 

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Holly W I could only dream of a Shopify integration! I’d love that for my own store, too. 😅😆🙏🏽

And thanks for the feedback about the Google login - I’ll pass that along. It’s definitely not clear that it isn’t the easiest to change. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! Excited to see how you use Typeform. 😀