Answered

adding a hidden respondent

• 30 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I would like to add the option that if a client agrees that their information can be passed to a partner company, an email with selected information (name, email address and a couple of other answers) can be forwarded automatically to that company. This is in addition to us receiving the whole from as normal.

I have tried using notify respondents but I have no way of the system picking up the partner company’s email address, as it’s not an email answer on the form. I have tried in hidden fields but can’t add their email address.

Another option is for us to receive 2 notifiation emails when the form is completed. One with all of the information, and one with selected information that we can forward to our partner.

Any ideas how we can make this easy as I’m going around in cirlces at the moment.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 August 2023, 16:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Paulette This is a great question - thanks for stopping by! First, you’ll need to change the email question to be an email field. Otherwise, it won’t be possible to send a notification to that email. 

One other thought, if there’s no way to have the respondent enter the email into an email field would be to use Zapier to send the notification. With this, you wouldn’t have to specifically use an email field but could instead use the hidden field as the field data in which to send the notification to. 

It won’t work with the email address being input because theson filling in the form doesn’t know the email address. I’ll have a look into Zapier though, thanks for the suggestion

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh got it - makes sense, @Paulette ! Let me know how Zapier goes for you. 😀