Question

Answers are saved when sharing the link

• 22 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello to the Community!

I have the following issue:

I created a survey that is already published. I used the link myself to test the form by answering all questions, my colleaque did too.

When we share the link with potential participants, some time, the answers are already marked for the questions. Does anyone know how we can fix that? Obviously, when you open the survey for the first time, there should not be any answers already be selected.

Thanks and best Kat

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kavaude. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

Be assured the respondents won't see any option selected when filling the typeform for the first time. You saw the selected options because you have already started the form and this is one of the features typeform offers: Respondents can start your typeform, close it, and return later without losing their answers.

We have this feature so your audience doesn't have to complete a typeform in one sitting. They can start to fill one in, close it, and then return later and their answers will still be there. The only rule is they have to be on the same browser and device (and not in Incognito or Private browsing mode). Their answers will be kept safely in their browser's local storage, for 15 days.

Hope this clarifies a bit! Let me know if you have any questions =) 

Hey @Mariana 

thanks for the quick response.

So unfortunately, the things I´v mentioned above concern the respondents surveys.. They send us screenshots from there browsers, where somehow some answers where marked, others not. I know about the saving function, which is basically very helpful.

So I added a phot where you can see what I mean.

Can you provide some help or explanation for that?

Thanks and best Kat

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kavaude would you mind sharing the photo again? I’m afraid I can’t see it here. :(