Anyone else exploring Fathom as an alternative to Google Analytics?

• 25 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve started to explore using Fathom as an alternative to Google Analytics … so far I like what i am seeing and on a couple of my test typeforms i am getting good results.. I really like the url builder component myself… 

Not recommending it yet but is anyone else in the Typeform-verse using it yet? (here is link to their site, just in case)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough can’t say I’ve heard of it - thanks for sharing! Any particular elements you like about it so far? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - EU traffic is routed through EU servers, the embed code seems to be faster than G’s (according to my limited tests and several of my clients who have switched to it.. ) and from a privacy perspective, they are just software so they don’t have any cookies to deal with.. 

it may not have 100 percent of what the OCD analytical types (i apologize if anyone reading this relates closely to that statement) are looking for from the GA side of the house, but it seems to be quick, efficient and thorough enough for most folks.. 

just my opinion.. i encourage folks to check it out and form their own opinions.. don’t take my word for it.. lol.. 

I just wanna know if anyone else is using it with Typeform applications yet lol

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - the other thing i noticed recently is that Convertkit has released an integration to Fathom. interesting update from them as well. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that’s good to know, thank you @john.desborough . I’ll have to check it out!