Answered

Auto Populate form with sharable link

Badge

Hello Typeform Community :wave:

May I ask you if there is a way to auto populate the form with a link extension ?

Example :

https://y84pxhz8qwp.typeform.com/to/mGkVQ/Q2=B

Q2=B = Question n°2 is B

In this example, by clicking the link the lead would not have to answer to question n°2.

In that case, with the logic, he would have a specific path/form to answer. 

If it is not possible with this way, is there an other way?

Show me the good path :pray:

Thank you in advance for your precious help!

Best regards,

Pierre-Henry JUERS

Bella Yacht company

icon

Best answer by picsoung 26 August 2021, 03:54

View original

11 replies

Badge

Shareable***

Badge

Example form

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Salut @PierreFR 😉

I think @mathio suggested a nice workaround in this topic, to pre-select an option on a multiple choice question using hidden field. 

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Badge

Hello @picsoung :wave:

This thread is great but I do not understand how to answer reference as mentionned below:

Hello @Heman ,

I think this is might be more technical challenging but it should be doable.

Lets consider this form: https://form.typeform.com/to/e5Oy218c

When building the form, I will set custom question reference for my first question (Settings → For Developers → Block references), in my case I named it picture.

Then I have to append a hash to the URL in the following format:

#answers-<question-reference>=<answer-reference>

In my case it will be:

#answers-picture=<answer-reference>

I dont think you can find the answer reference in the builder nor change it (or can you? 🤔), but you can look into the form definition in JSON format - for my form it is here (you can use your own form id instead of e5Oy218c):

https://form.typeform.com/forms/e5Oy218c

You can find reference for each answer (picture) there at fields.0.properties.choices.*.ref

For the form above you can use the following links to prefill answer:

Here is what I have :

Where can I find the answer references ? I only have question references.

Thank you for your help!

All the best,

Pierre-Henry JUERS

Bella Yacht company

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PierreFR The only way to find the answer references would be in the Responses API. You would need a bit of developer knowledge to make the calls, but you’ll find the references for this here

Badge

Hello @Liz 

Great, thank you for the feedback.

Great documentation, I didn’t know that Typeform was able to provide API solution.

I have read it and I think would be fine.

Could you confirm this below :

"field": {
"id": "hVONkQcnSNRj",
"ref": "my_custom_dropdown_reference",
"type": "dropdown"
},
"text": "Job opportunities",
"type": "text"

ID of the field is “hVONkQcnSNRj”

It refers to a dropdown menu that is called “my_custom_dropdown_reference

The answer that I want to extract from this menu is a text called “Job opportunities

I am curious about ref definition : I have not set anything in Typeform UI.

Do I need to define it through the API or do I miss a part of the documentation?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PierreFR Great question! This is set automatically for you, but you can change this in the builder if you would like. This article here goes into this more in-depth, but I wouldn’t change them unless you really need to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @PierreFR 

Glad to see you are able to make progress.

Unfortunately our current UI, doesn’t let you see/edit the ref of choices.
To do this you have two options either:

We are getting close to the solution 💪

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, sorry, thank you @picsoung ! I’m having after-lunch brain and was thinking changing the ref for the questions! :joy::expressionless:

Badge

Hello everyone,

With the Cannes Yachting Festival, I had to stop progressing on the API to focus on the event.

However, while I was trying to share my Typeform through an email, I have found the answer of my question.

When we share a Typeform through an email, your Typeform have to start with an Opinion Scale, a Multiple Choice, a Picture Choice, or a Yes/No.

Because integration for our form is active on Hubspot & to avoid to be filled in by random people, the links shown below have been slightly changed. However, if you are looking for a similar result, the logic is the same.

This is what I did and when I integrated to my marketing email, I tried to click on an answer. Here is the link that opened in a new tab after answering in the email :

https://y22pxhz8qwp.typeform.com/to/iB7lONp8?typeform-medium=embed-email&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=2&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--9Qz75UCL2IPKhe31-hvZSzYByZ6TertGStnHrIj2D22Yylw1iOXTv5532-gF9VSrtXB_kdxC5gA4XbZ7oRF4b3Q&utm_content=2&utm_source=hs_email#answers-c0f32799-3d7b-4398-89df-a6370948b9ed=353c7c1f-79f1-4b17-8250-9954ffe0eaf5

Notice in yellow the answer part. This is what I was looking for.

#answers-c0f32799-3d7b-4398-89df-a6370948b9ed=353c7c1f-79f1-4b17-8250-9954ffe0eaf5

The purple part corresponds to the Block Reference or the Question Reference. 

The green part corresponds to the Answer Reference.

The Question Reference can be found in the For Developers section of your Typeform Settings

From my full Typeform with a welcome screen : 

https://y22pxhz8qwp.typeform.com/to/iB7lONp8

I got my auto-populated Typeform with a welcome screen :

https://y22pxhz8qwp.typeform.com/to/iB7lONp8#answers-c0f32799-3d7b-4398-89df-a6370948b9ed=353c7c1f-79f1-4b17-8250-9954ffe0eaf5

I hope this will help other persons that are facing the same issue.

Wishing you a great day !

Pierre-Henry

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, @PierreFR thank you!! This is incredibly helpful. Thanks so much for sharing!

I hope the yachting festival was wonderful, too. :grinning: