Answered

Eliminating bogus responses

• 12 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi, 

We just launched a survey, and I noticed that we received a lot of bogus responses. We’re raffling out some gift cards and I’m assuming the bogus responses for the same! Is there a way to eliminate these responses easily?

Here is the survey: 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 July 2021, 16:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @akb Thanks for stopping by the community! :heart_eyes: Would you mind clarifying what is a bogus response for your form? For example, is it just fake emails? Or multiple responses from the same email? That will help me figure out a solution for you! 

Badge

Hey @Liz

I think they are actual email addresses because that is the only way, the responder can get the raffle prize. See attached. I’m sure both these emails are accurate but it is just some random person finalizing the survey

Badge

Maybe I need to do this:

1. Emails should come from a company address, like @cnn.com or @transform.com. 
  2. Make the survey private
Badge

Morning @Liz 

Any guidance on next steps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@akb - this from another user: 

there are some other posts in the community on this topic, if you use the search function you should be able to find some of them. 

that being said, you can use a logic rule to examine the email address along these lines:

• if email-answer contains ‘@gmail.com’ then jumpto a page that says you don’t allow gmail addresses, only valid corporate email addresses
    • you can add conditions to the rule as well ie  OR if email-answer contains ‘@yahoo.com’ … etc… 
  • if the email-answer is not routed to the ‘sorry’ page, then jumpto the next appropriate question. 

does that help?/

Also recommend you check out the video here for help setting this up: 

des

-- 

Edited to add the video

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, exactly what @john.desborough said, @akb ! I have a video in the post below on how to set this up, too. :grinning:

Badge

The video was super useful @Liz. Thanks! 

I changed the question to ask for corporate email address. If they respond with gmail or yahoo, they get redirected back to the same question. Used advanced logic and the statement feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yas!!! Glad to hear that worked! :grin:

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!