Answered

Embed first question only

• 22 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello, 

we have a form with couple questions and we need embed first question on our website. When user select an answer then will redirected to TypeForm site where will be the rest, but the first question will be already answered from our website. I need something similar what is in email, where selecting answer do redirect to the form.  

Thank you

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 March 2021, 11:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Skrz.cz - from a user here.. 

You could create the first question as a typeform that is embedded and have it re-direct upon completion to the Typeform site, using hidden fields to pass data from q1, to the target typeform..

that might work for you, depending upon the plan that you have (permitting redirect on completion) 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Skrz.cz ,

What is the reason for redirecting participants away from your website? If you embed the entire TF on your site, it increases ‘time on site’ and gives you an opportunity to further engage visitors. Both of those help with SEO. So, just curious :) 

I have a similar problem, which cannot be solved as proposed by @john.desborough . We have 4 options to chose from on the website (SEO, SEA, SM, PM) and by selecting one of them, the (separate) “Contact us” TF should be already compiled with the chosen option.

Here I cannot use hidden fileds, sicne the information is dynamically collected. Also redirecting from one “single question” TF to the next Form is not really an option, since it doesn’t seem to work.

At this time, I do not see any other way than build 4 different forms (+ as many versions for different languages) but maybe I am wrong.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maxmangi thanks for stopping by! You should be able to direct one form to another. Have you received any errors setting up this option? If so, would you mind sharing a bit more information such as a screenshot of the issue? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maxmangi Are you still experiencing errors with the redirect?

Hi @Liz sorry for late response. We just sticked to the 4 different forms, seems easier...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No worries at all, @Maxmangi ! Glad you found a solution. :grinning: