Answered

Embedding form in Hivebrite platform

• 23 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi. We are exploring using Typeform as an embeddable form for a private community managed through the community platform system Hivebrite. I tested embedding a form in a custom page and it is not displaying. I tested the same form embed code on a Wordpress page and it displayed fine, so it’s not the code. I also tested a different embed code (from Vimeo) in Hivebrite and it displayed, so the system is recognizing embed codes, just not from Typeform. Is there another step that i need to be taking for Typeforms to be recognized in a private site? 

icon

Best answer by lookoutcourt 23 September 2022, 23:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lookoutcourt Happy Friday! I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that platform, but do you happen to know if they have any restrictions on Javascript? That usually tends to be the cause of the issue. 

I reached out to someone familiar with Hivebrite and they said that the embed code generated by Typeform is missing code at the end. They were going to add the missing code for me so I could see what I would need to manually add moving forward. Has anyone else reported this kind of issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lookoutcourt What code is missing? 

The advice I was provided is below. I guess the code has to be embedded as an iframe with some additional code. Its working now, so thats good but I’m reluctant about my ability to reformat the code every time I want to embed a new form. 

-----

Typeform gave you this snippet: 

<div data-tf-widget="VNZZfcDL" data-tf-iframe-props="title=plant based" data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:400px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Unfortunately, their format doesn’t work, so you need to use the following format: 

<iframe src="https://form.typeform.com/to/EXAMPLE?typeform-medium=embed-sdk&typeform-embed=embed-widget&typeform-source=community.girlup.org&embed-hide-footer=true&embed-hide-headers=true&typeform-embed-id=73z51"style="width:100%;height:400px;"></iframe>

As an example, when embedding your Typeform, this means it should look like this: 

<iframe src="https://form.typeform.com/to/VNZZfcDL?typeform-medium=embed-sdk&typeform-embed=embed-widget&typeform-source=planeteerhq.com/&embed-hide-footer=true&embed-hide-headers=true&typeform-embed-id=YOUR-ID-FOUND-IN-YOUR-URL"style="width:100%;height:400px;"></iframe>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I see. It sounds like the platform has specific requirements in order to get the Javascript working. While we sadly can’t support editing the code per their requirements, if you have any issues with the code we provide directly, let us know, @lookoutcourt !