Answered

is data affected if I change question text?

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello

What happens to the data already collected if I change the question text?  is it affected in any way?

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 August 2023, 19:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Femia This is a great question - thanks for asking! Depending on how you change the question, yes, data could be affected. You can read more about editing a form that’s already collecting responses here

Hi @Femia This is a great question - thanks for asking! Depending on how you change the question, yes, data could be affected. You can read more about editing a form that’s already collecting responses here

Thanks for your quick reply, Liz.

So, if I understand correctly, if I only change the text of the question, no data should be lost, right?

(Just need to confirm that, as collecting that data was a very painful process).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Femia - i suggest that you do the ‘old school’ thing of making a copy of your form (a duplicate) before you make the changes. test them there before you go back and make them in your production version. 

also.. if you have not done so yet, suggest you connect the form to a google sheet and ensure that you get the response data loaded into that sheet. gives you a back up of the data in case you do accidentally make a change in your master file based on a change in question. 

just a suggestion to save your data - happened to me when i first started with typeform as well. 

des