Question

Line at the top of embedded typeform?

• 1 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a border/line appearing at the top of my embedded typeform (right below the logo) that should not be there. It looks almost like a header for a question group that got cut off, but I cant find any way to get rid of it.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @roimetrics Do you mind sharing the link to your embedded form so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem. We are in very early stage of developing a project and so have not published our page to the live internet.  So I can’t send you a link as of yet.  But the colour of the line across the top of the imbed is the same colour as the button colour that I set in “Design” under “Create”.  When I change that Button colour, then the line in my embed also changes to that colour.

I tried using both an <iframe> and the ‘data-tf-live=” that your site suggests. In both cases the line across the top was the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio do you know if this line is expected behavior? 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the fast reply.  Yes, now I do think it is expected behaviour. It is the progress bar for the completion of the form.  It’s shaped weird to my eye because it’s tapered at either end. But maybe that’s something that my CSS is doing.  In any case, I can see it’s usefulness but I do wish I had the option to hide it, if that were possible. 

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @HoppingBrickLayer 

is it the progress bar? You can turn it off in settings on the right, when you are building your form. However our data shows that it is a very handy feature for respondents and thats why it is enabled by default.

Thank you, @mathio. That is helpful. For my use, I have turned off the progress bar now and my webpage looks better.  Thank you for your help!