Answered

Page linking

• 1 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So not sure I know the answer to this one but sure someone in the community will do. 

Is there a way to link to a certain page in a form so i.e. so if I wanted to direct user to a certain part of my form say page 4 for example - this is just for an form that is giving information (portal) and takes in no actual data.

Thanks if anyone knows. 
Ian

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 1 February 2024, 20:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @winch Happy little Fri-yay! I hope you’re having a great week so far. 

I’m afraid we don’t have this feature available, but could you make a different form for each item you’d like to link to instead? 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@winch - you could, if you wanted to play around with this, use a hidden field (call it page_num) in the form and pass in a parameter in the URL - the shared link the typeform would include the page_num=xxxxx string that you would have to replace with the identifier for a specific page ie page 3 or 4.. something like this in the logic at the start of the form: 

• if page_num = 3 then go to q3
  • if page_num = 4 then go to q4

you would need to deal with how users might navigate away from that page in this case.. or a note to the user to just close the browser

@Liz had the better solution of single typeforms for each page - you can change your submit message to read something like ‘ok - click to close’ and then close the form on completion. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Des
Thanks for the detailed reply a bit beyond my levels at present but have bookmarked thank you again.
Ian