Question

Personalized link not working

• 16 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I personalized my link on the share page, but the result is not showing up on pages like WhatsApp web while it does on pages like Facebook, any idea of what the problem might be? thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cleaning Elevated Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week. The meta information typically works for sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, though sometimes the link preview doesn’t always work in Whatsapp the same way. Are you seeing anything being previewed in Whatsapp or is it completely different than what you have set in the meta settings? 

Thank you for the answer @Liz !

Yes, I can see the changes in other sites (I tried messenger and Twitter) it just doesn't want to show up on WhatsApp web no matter what I do. It's really weird since I can see all the changes on those pages, but I still see the default one in Whatsapp Web.

I can also see the changes on the share page, so I don’t have a clue on what's going on :(

Thank you again! have a good one.

Here are some reference images. 

Whatsapp Web

Messenger

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cleaning Elevated Have you tried using the debugger tool here to see if this solves the issue? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Cleaning Elevated! I was wondering if you had time to follow Liz's suggestion and if it helped with your problem? Don't forget to let us know! Have a nice day! :blue_heart: