Answered

Prevent Duplicates - How to embed cookie in Wix website (non-tech guy requesting step-by-step help)

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I understand Typeform does not have the basic functionality to prevent duplicates (which is crazy).

I just bought a premium subscription, only to realise this now. I have two options:

1. Ask for a refund, and go back to SurveyMonkey OR
  2. Get a step-by-step instruction on the Cookie workaround (embedding the cookie code in a Wix website...I’m a non-tech guy, and can’t figure out how to do this).

@Liz Looking for your guidance.

Anyone else figured out how to embed cookie code in Wix? Would really appreciate your help.

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 February 2023, 20:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vikramkparekh Do you already have the cookie code you’d like to embed? If so, Wix has an article here on adding code to your website, though if you run into any issues embedding it, it would be best to contact them since they can help specifically with that. 

I am also interested in how to flag a field as a unique identifier so that we cannot get duplicate submissions, and returning users open their previously submitted form.  Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JennWeir We don’t have this feature natively in our forms, so you’d need to write a custom code to track cookies.