Selling Typeform templates?

• 1 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey fellow Typeformers!

I’m a Typeform partner and often get asked to create templates for clients. I’ve recently started selling my templates through Template Road and wondered if anyone else is selling their templates? The process for selling templates and sharing templates is 10x harder than for tools like Notion (because of the manual processes involved) but it is possible.

What are your thoughts?

This is an example template.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@templateroad - welcome to the community from a fellow user who is drifting in the same direction

Can you point me to your partner profile in the directory of partners please (can’t find TemplateRoad)? I was trying to find it here but could not and i was curious. 

interesting that you catalogue a number of the Typeform free templates and link to the Typeform site.. interesting way to provide the link and the distinction between the free and premium templates you list. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

@john.desborough thanks for your welcome! My agency profile is here.

I’m interested in offering free and paid templates from creators as they are usually based on two business models. One is to earn money from templates and the other is to offer free templates and then charge for consulting. Thanks again for your support, I’ll be dropping in here to answer any Typeform questions I can help with.

Cheers

Rich

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@templateroad - thanks.. appreciate the pointer and i am sure we will be in touch over the next couple of months .. cheers

des

Badge +5

Welcome, @templateroad ! Glad to have one of our agency partners here in the community. We've been discussing ways for partners to leverage the community and we are in the process (early on) to create an approach to connect partners with the community. 

One thing I've done is award you with the partner badge so everyone can identify you as such 🏅

It's great to have you with us and the idea of a template marketplace is a very interesting one. Template road looks interesting, I'll have a closer look. 

Are you guys based in Australia? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Gabriel !

Thanks for the badge! We are based in Australia and I started looking into the digital template library years ago when people asked for the templates I used with clients. I also had a few clients (early on) say they loved Typeform but wanted to have designer forms like the ones you used in your marketing (like the movie-style, choose-your-own-adventure form).

It is interesting that some people choose the template first and then sign up to the software based on which software has the templates they need. Seems very backwards but I’ve seen it so many times that I wanted to experiment with having a marketplace for people to find awesome forms (like Typeform) and then join if they can clearly see that Typeform has all the templates they need in their business (perhaps because people start without the confidence in themselves to build from scratch).

I’m offering free template listings that link directly to the download page but also offer paid templates for people who have spent hours creating the perfect template. I’d love to partner with your team in some way on this project as it seems like, in most software company template directories, it is either a race towards volume or a race towards quality. I’d assume you want your users to access the highest quality templates that make every encounter matter so could help build a quality source for potential customers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Template Road, 

Good to see you taking the initiative to get templates out there. 

Approached digital marketing very differently than how the gurus out there were teaching and did it with only Typeform. 

Good copy, video a quiz and AdWords that the company paid for. I had no credibility whatsoever. 

The deal was, 25% of the sales increase. No contracts with the company - just a handshake. Of course the owner thought me to be a small timer and tried to mess with me. I got over that, by making it clear to them that if there are no sales increases for 3 months in a row they should not be using my services anymore...common sense...right?

At the time of COVID, the CEO tried messing with me - saying the sales had not increased. I said no problem...I’ll bring the marketing down tomorrow...boy you should have seen his face. And I did being the Typeform down. AdWords was affected, sales plummeted. 

Then in March last year...3 months later on...the CEO contacted me and literally begged to help. Of course I was not interested and had other things going by then...but what I did was threw a deal at the CEO so that he would refuse...some crazy ask...I was going to charge him $10,000 setup fee - which he was willing to pay...and all I had to do was set the Typeform live. 

I did this to see/measure how badly he was affected and how much the service with Typeform was truly worth it...and that I achieved. 

Just to give you an idea, I grossed over 125K with 1 client and my darling - Typeform. 

And now with VideoAsk and Typeform combo - creating a site with just these two...and maybe 1-2 landing pages. With text variables this has taken the game to a whole new level. 

I’d sell what you can do with Typeform and VideoAsk through templates but then when they see how you combine the two through powerful surveys...the value is greater. One can charge a lot more. 

FYI, I’m based in Sydney and maybe we should touch base. Looking to getting back into the game with somebody this time.

Thanking you,

Aftab