Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm running an organizational culture survey in a company, where each employee must answer some questions. It's a pilot. This form needs to be anonymous and at the same time I can't have two responses from the same person. So, I was using Hidden Fields with Mailchimp and everything was fine.

Today, when I went to send the second form of the survey, Mailchimp considered my submission inappropriate and suspended my account, saying they can no longer support me.

Due to deadlines, I urgently need a solution to send a large number of emails, with hidden fields in the link, through Gmail. Or other alternative. I saw something like this around here some time ago but I couldn't find it.

Can anyone help me?

Hi @andreiaf You could definitely use Google to send the email, though you would need to copy/paste the URL into each email. 

Another alternative we see customers using is ActiveCampaign. 😀

Hi @andreiaf You could definitely use Google to send the email, though you would need to copy/paste the URL into each email. 

Another alternative we see customers using is ActiveCampaign. 😀

I have the impression that someone here has already reported some Chrome plugin or something like that, which automatically triggers the emails, but cannot locate the post.

Hi @andreiaf I’m not aware of any Chrome plugins at the moment, but if you do come across one, let us know!

@andreiaf @Liz  - you could put the details into a google sheet and use Document Studio - an add on to Sheets - to create and send the emails to each row in the sheet. 

They do support several email systems (gmail, outlook etc) - i use Gmail to send the reports and emails to users based on inputs from typeforms. but you can set up a workflow in Document Studio to just do the email and incorporate the link 

just a thought

@andreiaf @Liz  - you could put the details into a google sheet and use Document Studio - an add on to Sheets - to create and send the emails to each row in the sheet. 

They do support several email systems (gmail, outlook etc) - i use Gmail to send the reports and emails to users based on inputs from typeforms. but you can set up a workflow in Document Studio to just do the email and incorporate the link 

just a thought

Perfect, @john.desborough!
I knew I had seen this here, but I didn't remember this solution.

Due to the tight deadline, before seeing your response, I concatenated the link in Google Sheets and created an email trigger in that spreadsheet, using a script in Google Apps Script. I generated an HTML and a GmailApp.sendEmail script. Simpler than I imagined, as a layman, and it worked very well. It seems even more practical and automated to me than using Mailchimp or another service.

For anyone in the same situation, it's a good solution too. Sends up to 1500 emails per day if you are a Google Workspace user and 100 if you are a free Gmail user.

Thank you so much guys!

Hi @andreiaf Oh this is great, thanks for sharing! I totally forgot about this, too.