syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file

Please can anyone send me a link to learn how to resolve this

icon

Best answer by mathio 13 December 2021, 16:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tim.clementss Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by. Would you mind sharing the code you’re embedding and how you’re getting the error? Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz,

<button data-tf-popup="X8P6tyuI" data-tf-iframe-props="title=PQPilot" style="all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#0445AF;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:25px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;">Launch me</button><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

that was the code it told me to copy in order to embed it on my website as a pop up. But I get the same error message whichever code I copy for each of the different methods that the typeform form can display whether pop-up. whole page, on the side etc etc

Cancel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm, everything in the code looks correct to me. ( @mathio can also help verify this!)

Would you mind sharing a screenshot or video of how you’re embedding the form onto your website? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When i used this code in an empty HTML website it works. This will be most likely an error in a tool not related to Typeform.