Answered

There's a bug with hover states on multiple choice questions / anyone else seeing this?

• 15 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Currently can’t send out my survey because the handful of people see the same bug

• the first answer in a multiple choice question is in a hover state, even though the user’s cursor is not over that answer
  • does not affect yes/no questions

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 July 2021, 20:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andresp Thanks for stopping by the community and great question. The hover stage you’re seeing in the multiple choice question is actually expected behavior due to a11y (accessibility) reasons. They key/highlight hint is currently unable to be removed, only text changed. We found that providing accessibility features like this contributed towards better completion rates. 

I hope this helps explain, but let me know if you have any other questions!

So even when I don’t hover over a potential answer, the first choice in a multiple choice is always highlighted in a different color and called out with with “key A” - it’s the first time I’ve seen this when I am not hovered over something in a typeform (also doesn’t show up in preview mode). Has this been recently launched?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andresp I don’t know the exact date it was released, but it is relatively recent to help with a11y accordance. 

If you think of any other questions, let me know!