Answered

Typeform link preview not working

• 8 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am changing my typeform link preview for when someone clicks on it on social media, but it is still showing the default photo and tag line. I have published changes and cleared my cookies yet it is still not working. Am I missing something? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 January 2024, 15:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kristenelizabeth12 - when you click the Share option do you see your changes or do you see something like the following: 

if you see this on your screen and have NOT changed these, then you need to change them. 

if you HAVE changed them, then there will be a time lag between the time you change it and the time the social platform indexes this metadata and gets it into the ether. 

des

Hi John, thank you so much for replying! I have changed that and it has been about 12 hours. How long does it normally take to reflect? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kristenelizabeth12 - it can literally take days: it’s not a Typeform thing but the social media platform… which one(s) are you posting on?

des

Hey Des, I am using Facebook and Telegram.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kristenelizabeth12  - for Facebook, this is the link that I have used in the past. For Telegram, you will have to contact them to find out .. 

des