Question

Typeform survey landing into "ah-ha you've unlocked their secret"

• 15 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, 

I just created a survey using hidden variables in order to extract info from our Intercom account.

The survey link with the variables is: https://www.typeform.com/explore/?utm_source=typeform.com&utm_medium=typeform&utm_content=typeform-incorrectURL&utm_campaign=viral_expt

Whenever I click on it, it opens the following page:

It seemed to be okay at the beggining but then this happened. Could you please let me know how to solve this issue?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @partenaires Can you share where you have the form embedded in Intercom so we can test this? Or even the URL they’re being directed to? The link you provided here isn’t a link to a Typeform but rather our regular domain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @partenaires! Were you able to solve your issue? If not, we'd really need more information in order to help you. Can you share where you're embedding your form in Intercom or even the URL? Wishing you a great day! :nerd:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Similar issue. Some people are not seeing my survey, just a landing page. Can you help me? https://5bjsknlquu1.typeform.com/to/UDjgSEyV#order=#1470

PS. The puzzling thing is that some users ARE indeed seeing the survey

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sancho thanks for stopping by! I was able to see your form here: 

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Liz !

The “Aha” landing page (attached). Can the hashtag in the url be the cause?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sancho Huh, that’s odd. When I click on the link with the hashtag, I don’t see the issue. Do you have the form embedded?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! it is very random. Half of the people don’t get the error.

I only get the error in mobile. I don’t get the error in desktop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung do you know if this is at all a known issue with Intercom by chance? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sancho could you tell us more about the way you embed the form in your page? maybe share the link to this page.
Are you using Intercom?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! Thanks!

I’m sharing the link via OpenPhone (Typeform → Zapier → OpenPhone)… 

So far it seems like the main cause of the issue was the hashtag… but it is only a problem in mobile… I have not received new complaints from users saying that they cannot open the survey (although only 15 new survey requests have been sent)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Keep us posted on that, @Sancho! 🙏🏼

We are having this issue today. Was a fix or root cause ever identified? Our survey link is below: https://kroj4l1exhu.typeform.com/beam-waitlist.

It was working until we made a couple edits this morning and now it’s pretty much broken across the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vanpancake - one of the things that i have noticed with forms recently - after the introduction of the ‘redirect from endings’ feature - if you HAD a redirect on submission set up and then went in and edited a form that had not been touched since before the ‘shift’ to redirection from ending, then you would see this happen - it almost seems like once you make your changes and Publish the form, it is almost like an update to the form happens in the background with the change in redirection from ‘on submission’ to ‘from ending’ and that you need to publish again. 

if that is the case, you would simply need to go back in and publish the form again - if the form needs it.. which has been the case on about 20 forms i have checked over the past couple of days. in each case it needed that update.

if that doesn’t fix it, then raise a ticket with Typeform Support at this link 

just a suggestion 

des