Answered

What is the difference between widget and live?

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi all,

Can anyone help me understand the difference between using the “widget” versus “live” code? 

(I haven’t given examples of actual typeforms)

<div data-tf-widget="NbxNK7aN"></div>

<div data-tf-live="01HMD3SMW7914BXS6Z11S5FMz2"></div>

Happy to be pointed to an article because I can’t find one that differentiates the two for embedding.

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 January 2024, 17:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Insider This is a great question! The widget was a previous version of our embed that, if you were to change the embed settings within the builder, you would have to re-embed the form to see that show on the live version. 

The live version means that, when you embed the form, any changes you make in the embed builder settings will appear live in the embed. 

Hopefully that helps a bit!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you @Liz. I thought that would be the case.

Its just so strange because I could swear that any changes I made whilst using the “widget” also changed immediately as how you described using “live”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Insider I should clarify - changes to the form itself, such as text/themes/etc will update live in the previous embed version. But, elements like the height and width of the embed itself wouldn’t. I hope that explains it a bit better!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Insider I should clarify - changes to the form itself, such as text/themes/etc will update live in the previous embed version. But, elements like the height and width of the embed itself wouldn’t. I hope that explains it a bit better!

@Liz Yes I see the difference now. Its a very useful feature. Pat on the back to the team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll give them a digital pat on the back for you, @Insider ! 😆