Answered

Can a transcript of an original video posted (not a response) be accessed?

I see how transcript from responses are accessed, but there’s no way to access a transcript for the initial post. Is this how VideoAsk is supposed to work? Or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 15 August 2023, 15:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @dgoldman20 

As per my understanding, Videoask automatically generates the captions for the initial post that is setup by you.

You can access this auto generated transcript by clicking on the “CC icon” under the Video.

All the captions would have been segregated by time, and as you can copy and edit the transcript from there.

Do I have to set up a paid account in order to access the transcript?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dgoldman20 welcome to the community!

You shouldn’t need a paid subscription, how did you create your first step? Did you record the video via the webcam option or did you upload a video?

I used the webcam. Does it matter when it comes to the transript?

I still can’t figure out how to see the transcript. Could you or someone at VideoAsk create a short video that walks through the steps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @dgoldman20 👋 The transcript should be generated when you record via webcam or upload, there shouldn’t be any difference. 

I’m not able to upload a video in the comments here, but you can view a screen recording I captured here.

Hi Grace,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I’d like to avoid copying and pasting captions. We want to provide video responses to document submissions from our members. The dialogue is initiated by our reviewers and not the members, so this is where the challenge lies.

I don’t know if this solutions makes sense without having a full transcript provided as part of the initial video recording.

Thoughts?

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dgoldman20 I’m not sure if I’m understanding correctly what you’re trying to do here. Are you looking for the transcript that’s generated when you create a videoask, or the transcript created by someone that responds to a videoask? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@dgoldman20 I’m so sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! Thanks for the clarification.

What are you going to be doing with this transcript? 

Creator videos which are sent as replies/DM’s will have the full transcript available in the same way it’s available for respondent videos. However, we don’t have a quick way to access the full transcript for videos that you add to a videoask step when building your videoask. 

One workaround (depending on what you’re planning on doing with the transcript), would be to upload these videos as a fake response to your videoask, that way a transcript would be generated which you could easily copy like you can with a respondent video.

Let me know if this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dgoldman20 Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. Did Grace’s answer above help? Let us know if you still have questions.