Answered

Just created my first two videoasks and links are not working

• 9 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

I just upgraded and created 2 videasks.

It says my videoasks are live but the links to preview or view are not working.  

https://www.executiveliontamer.com/feg3o6zw

or 

https://www.leadershipnsoul.com/fv9y3msn2

I get a message on a white web page that says “not found” 

When I send an email after following the instructions, the web gets stuck.  HELP

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 9 April 2022, 16:02

View original

9 replies

Badge +5

Welcome @Carol Executive Lion Tamer 

I think something might be wrong with the URL. 

If I replace "leadershipnsoul' by 'VideoAsk' I can access it. 

Are you sure you're copying/sharing the right URL?

Badge +5

I guess custom domain bit isn't working for you. Have you checked this guide we have in the community? 

Userlevel 2

Gabriel, THANK YOU!!!!  I couldn’t find it myself.  YOU are the Best!  I am now just waiting for it turn into a green light (I switched TTL  to 300 so it will only take 5 minutes, but it’s still not happening) so I will wait 24 hours and hopefully it will work.   THANK YOU AGAIN!  I was so frustrated after trying to figure it out for almost two hours. This is exactly what I needed.

Badge +5

Really glad to be of help, Carol! Keep us posted. 

Tagging @Dan_VA who will be very pleased to hear his guide has helped you 🙌

Userlevel 2

Hi @Gabriel and @Dan_VA ...Thank you both for your help!  I am still struggling with getting it to turn green.  I have made sure the CNAME was created successfully over 24 hours ago with it pointing to alias.videoask.com, yet it is still yellow and not working.   What am I doing wrong?  If I hadn’t paid for the brand feature, I wouldn’t care, but I really want it to work if I am paying for it - you know what I mean?

Thank YOU so much in advance!  I appreciate you both for the help so far!

Carol

Badge +5

Hi @Gabriel and @Dan_VA ...Thank you both for your help!  I am still struggling with getting it to turn green.  I have made sure the CNAME was created successfully over 24 hours ago with it pointing to alias.videoask.com, yet it is still yellow and not working.   What am I doing wrong?  If I hadn’t paid for the brand feature, I wouldn’t care, but I really want it to work if I am paying for it - you know what I mean?

Thank YOU so much in advance!  I appreciate you both for the help so far!

Carol

No worries, Carol. I totally understand. I believe someone from the VideoAsk team is in touch with you. I’ll leave it to them to sort this out for you. 

Anything else you need please keep us posted here in the community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Carol Executive Lion Tamer let us know how you get on with getting this fixed, I believe @Dan_VA has been helping you get to the bottom of this! 

Also, I’m super intrigued to learn more about how you’re using VideoAsk, if you’re up for sharing we have this post here where creators are telling us about their use cases, we’d love to hear about yours too 😁

Userlevel 2

HI @Grace !  Yes, @Dan_VA really helped me!  It was brilliant and out of the box thinking.  He didn’t give up so easily and it turned out that he was right on the money!

It truly made me love your company.

I will be sending you a testimonial soon - he provided that link for me.

I have created several videos and still have yet to see anyone of my clients click on it. I think they are worried it’s a virus when it comes through on video.  Not sure!   Once I have a better sample size and I can provide value to the readers, I would be HAPPY to add a post there !  :) 

Thank you again for all you do, all of you!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Carol Executive Lion Tamer great news that Dan helped you get a fix! Was it related to the CNAME record in the end? 

So pleased to hear you’ll be leaving a testimonial too, we really appreciate all the feedback! Interesting to hear that your clients haven’t clicked on the videoask yet, are you sending it via email? Let us know if you have questions about sharing or if there’s anything else we can help with, fingers crossed they started interacting with it soon and you can see some results!