Answered

Personalized videoask

• 1 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I have a use case where I would like to send a videoask to invite members of my alumni association to an event. 

We have 300+ members in the group. I would like to send a personalised message to each. Is there any tool or feature that can be used to create a personalised video without having to record 300 individual videos as the message is same, i only want to personalize their name.

Thank you!

Kaiz

icon

Best answer by Grace 1 March 2022, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Kaiz :wave:

Welcome to the community! 

Great to hear you’re planning on creating a videoask for an event invite, and can understand you want to personalize it as much as possible. I would recommend using variables to pipe the name of the person into the overlay text of your video - that way you only need to create one videoask but you can get each persons name to appear across the top of the video like this:

You’ll need to create the videoask first, and then once ready go to the Share & Embed tab from your inbox:

Then add the contact_name variable to the videoask URL:

Then go back into the videoask builder and open the step where you would like the name to appear, click on the Video tab to edit the Overlay text and there add in your message and include the contact variable like this: {{contact_name}} 

Once that’s done you can go and retrieve the videoask URL from the Share tab and you just need to update the XXXX placeholder with the contact name, so instead of contact_name=XXXX it would be contact_name=Kaiz. This will mean the name of the person appears over the video and you can edit the placeholder for each videoask rather than having to re-record 300 videos.

We have a step by step guide on set up in our help center here too if you would like a more detailed walkthrough. Hopefully this could be a good solution for you, let me know if you have any other questions and if this works out!

Userlevel 1

Hi Grace,

Thank you for detailed instructions. I will try this out now and let you know how it went.

Kaiz

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Grace,

Thank you for detailed instructions. I will try this out now and let you know how it went.

Kaiz

Great! Look forward to hearing how it goes :pray: