Question

Reply to many: when connecting to a new videoask, can the name and email information be embedded?

• 2 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am using videoask as a way to interact with people in keynotes. 

I would like to “reply to many” with an additional videoask… 

When I tried this, everyone had to retype their personal information. 

Is there a way I can reply to many with a videoask where they do not need to re-enter their details?

Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jimbo good to see you back here! 😊

Have you tried using variables to pass the contact information from the first videoask to the second? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I understand in concept that this is a possibility but no idea in practice how to do that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jimbo I’m re-reading your original message and wondering if variables will work in this scenario.

Will people be redirected automatically from the first videoask to a second videoask? Or are you receiving answers to your first videoask and then later you want to follow up with them all, with a different videoask? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The second. 

i use video ask in conferences where I am speaking as an engagement tool. 

I may get 20 - 50 responses to the va. 

I would like to send them a mass response. 

if I do this from the webpage, I have a choice of open, forward to a webpage or forward to a videoask. 

when I forwarded to a videoask i  either have to collect info again or get anonymous responses. 

my desire is to send a link to a new videoask to everyone in the group and they won’t need to re-enter their details. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Jimbo have you tried using the reply to many feature? So when you’re in your VideoAsk inbox, selecting multiple contacts and sending just one reply to them all? That way, when they respond back to you the conversation stays in the same thread and you won’t need to ask for contact info again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I did.

I have two choices:

I chose “BUTTON” and linked to another videoask. I did not choose to collect data as I think the data is already there. All of my replies came in as anonymous. 

Is there a simple way to reply to all and link to a ANOTHER videoask and NOT collect information again while knowing who they are when they reply?

For example. 

I get them to interact with me, and then I want to get an NPS score from everyone. 

The only way seems to be to link to a new videoask as NPS is not an option when reply to many. 

So I make a new videoask and link that to the button on the reply to many. 

If I don’t ask for their information again, is there a way to transfer the data from the initial videoask to this new videoask?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jimbo I’m just doing some testing to see if there’s a way to pass the contact info!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Grace,

Still curious if this is possible…

I don’t think about this until I want to do it… and then I look to see if there is an answer… so don’t give up on me yet...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jimbo sorry for the late reply, I was away last week. 

It seems that it’s not possible to use variables in the reply to many feature so I think it’s going to be tricky to pass their contact info over to a new videoask when you reply to many. 

I guess you would need to decide whether it’s more time effective to reply to each person and use variables, or to ask them to re-enter their contact details. 

If I see any workarounds, I will let you know!