Skip to main content

My thumbnail isn’t showing when I copy and paste the link. I’ve tried everything and it’s not working already for 6 days. Please can you help as I can’t do anything right now with the generic thumbnail. It’s a big part of my work and it makes me really nervous. Thanks 

Hi @Kelly ter Horst Thanks for stopping by the community! Did you happen to edit the meta settings on your form? 

Hi Liz, yes I already did. It stays the same unfortunatly.

Thank you for responding. 

Hi, is there anybody who can help me with solving this problem?

@Kelly ter Horst - if this is with WhatsApp you will have to check with their support team on what you need to do to have them crawl the correct metadata.. I have heard a number of folks (across different platforms and not only Typeform) complaining about this.. 

des

@john.desborough  Hi John, thank you for your answer. It is with Whatsapp and LinkedIn. I contacted the supportteam already several times and the technical division is working on it, it already takes 8 days. But I will absolutely try your suggestion. Thank you so much! 

@Kelly ter Horst - for linkedin, you can try their Post Inspector if you haven’t already…

des

Hi @john.desborough, I already tried it, didn’t work! 😞

@Kelly ter Horst - it’s an issue on the other end.. not at Typeform, if you have updated and saved your metadata settings. 

raise tickets with linkedin and whatsapp support and ask them to help resolve. 

this isn’t a typeform issue.. 

des

One other thought @Kelly ter Horst is to check to be sure your plan includes the option to edit the meta settings, in case you ever downgraded! I believe LinkedIn takes some time to show the updates, though I’m not exactly sure on just how long. 

Hi @Liz, I don’t understand the meta setting unfortunatly. But I’m hopeless at the moment. I don’t hear anything from videoask support and I’m having this problem now for almost 2 weeks. Unbelievable.

Hi @Kelly ter Horst  Oh! I apologize! I didn’t realize this was an issue with VideoAsk! I’ll move your question under that category here shortly. 

@Grace might be able to offer some advice on this!

Hey @Kelly ter Horst

Hoping I can share some assistance here. I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn’t feed through automatically. Unfortunately, this can be an issue with the likes of LinkedIn and Whatsapp that prevents this from showing, it may also be possible to dive into settings to adjust this on either platform, but I am not sure about that. 

You could reach out to the support team of either, but I am also not too sure how successful that option will be for you. 

A point to note. When doing LinkedIn posts. When you insert a link into a post, it actually drops its reach by around 50%. So it is always best practice to post a link in the comments and refer to that in your post. 

What I am thinking as a suggestion, you could take shot of the thumbnail. You could use the snippet tool on your computer (windows icon + shift + s at the same time). Then paste it into either. I have just tested on both now and it pastes directly. You could then insert the link separately. If doing as a LinkedIn post, as mentioned, I would just recommend putting the link in the comments and indicate this in the text copy of your post. 

I hope this helps as a possible solution!

Great advice about linking sharing on LinkedIn, thanks @Ash.NZ 😊

I can follow up with the VideoAsk support team to find out what’s happened to your request @Kelly ter Horst. Did you email support@videoask.com? 

Would you mind sharing the url for the videoask, maybe I can test it out and see if the meta image appears?

Hi @Ash.NZ and @Grace,

thank you so much for responding.

I tried everything already in the last 2,5 weeks. It took so much time already and support@videoask seems to be working on it but I don’t hear much from them. It is apparently a problem lots of people experience. I cancelled my subscribsion at videoask because it took too long now and I haven’t been able to work in the meantime. Cost me a lot of time and money so I subscribed at Bombbomb wich works perfect, even better.

kind regards,

kelly 

Really sorry to hear that @Kelly ter Horst but totally understand the move to Bombbomb under the circumstances. 

I will still follow up on this to make sure it gets fixed for other users. Thanks for bringing it to the community and best of luck with your project 😊

Thank you @Grace 😊