Answered

Video appears disproportionate in email

When I embed a VideoAsk in an email, the video appears disproportionate. How can this be corrected? 

icon

Best answer by Vatrice Chestnut 7 June 2023, 14:49

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vatrice Chestnut welcome to the community!

Can you let us know what email provider you are using (gmail/outlook etc)? Not sure if I’ve seen this distortion before, will do some digging to find out why that could be happening!

I’m using Gmail

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you’re copying the code straight from the share panel it should create a gif in the body of the email, I’m not sure why it would have stretched the video like this.

When you try sending the email does the receiver see this too?

Yes, they do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vatrice Chestnut can you send me an email with the videoask embed so I can take a look? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vatrice Chestnut it looks like it’s something to do with the way the GIF was generated. You could try re-adding the video to the first step (the video should be saved in your VideoAsk media library) and then see if that fixes that GIF 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vatrice Chestnut did you try uploading the video again? Hoping that solved it but let me know if you are still noticing this issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Vatrice Chestnut Hope you’re doing well over there! Are you still experiencing the issue with the VideoAsk in email? Let us know if you need some help!

Hi, I believe the issue is because it was recorded in portrait rather than landscape.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Vatrice Chestnut thanks so much for the update and glad you were able to resolve the issue 🙌