Question

Videoask Widget is overlaid with next Videoask Widget -how to dismiss first?

• 11 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have added a Videoask widget to the bottom of my page - the little circular one that pops out from the corner of the page. Then I added one on the next page. And the next. I did a little code to embed a page number in each, so I know which page people were on when they send me the customer service request.  The problem is this: As a person works down the page menu on the side of my site, the first widget doesn’t disappear. It stays. On the next page, the second widget just appears over it. Then the third on the third page, etc.  It doesn’t visually look like a problem since they’re all the same size and shape, but my concern with this is the following: If someone hits the minus sign to dismiss one, the others are still there (you’d have to hit the minus sign several times to get rid of them all) then the person might click the one from 2 or 3 pages ago, and my automated customer service process will not reflect the correct page/question that the customer was asking about.  Is there a way to ensure the widget disappears when someone changes website pages?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jeanne Dimmick happy Friday 😊

My first thought was that you might need to edit the widget code for this and use something from our advanced embed options Help Center guide, but is it possible to share the link to your website so we can take a look at the behavior? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Grace.  It’s behind the paywall, so I can’t easily share the website. But here is a quick screenrecord.

http://cloud.movavi.com/show/0d09669d-8e13-49ce-a4f7-e3c4af2222c9

Also I have decided that, in my case, I think it overwrites too much of the page, so I have switched gears to using a button for customer service requests, but I am passing along the visual for VideoAsk’s information since I wonder if others will encounter that issue with the pop-out widgets.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jeanne Dimmick totally understand switching it out, thank you for sharing the screen recording anyway I am going to check in with the team about why this could be happening so will report back!