Answered

Widget on Wordpress site is showing blank

I have a videoask widget on my wordpress page. The widget shows fine, but when you click on it, it opens only a blank page, n way to ask a question or create a video. 

Any one else have this problem?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Grace 31 May 2023, 09:48

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ally Ryde Could you send the URL where you have it embedded so we can take a look? Thanks!

Hi, yes, great point… www.allyryde.com/cbb

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh thanks for sharing the link @Ally Ryde! that seems a little strange, did you embed the widget as per these instructions or did you make any changes to the code? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ally Ryde Are you still experiencing issues with the embed? Let us know if you still need some help!

Hello. Yes, I followed the instructions. No, I didn't alter the code. Just copy and paste. I think it may be an issue with WProcket (WP plugin). I am troubleshooting. If there is any help you can provide, that would be great. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ally Ryde thanks for the update, that was going to be my next question whether you had any plugins! Let me check with the team and see if anyone has any experience with this.

@andrew_videoask have you seen something like this before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ally Ryde looks like the widget is loading now, did you disable the plugin or make another change?

Hi, I have turned off some of the optimization options for WP rocket (the plugin), but ultimately I would like to run that plugin as it is a site speed optimization plugin. If anyone in VideoAsk or Typeform has insight into how these things might play well together, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ally Ryde I’ve been chatting with @andrew_videoask about this, we think some plugins may create an extra iframe around the embed which mean camera and mic permissions can’t be accessed. I’m not sure how this can be avoided but will keep digging and let you know if we find any examples of using the two together

Facing same issue with my wordpress page please guide me how i can fix it??

Thank you. @Christopher3 I disabled some setting on my WP Rocket plugin and it seems to be working. Thing is, I want to be able ot run WP rocket to keep my site fast, so, this is only a temporary workaround. I am still looking for a solution as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Christopher3 @Ally Ryde so far I haven’t found a solution but I will keep you posted here if I do

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Christopher3 and @Ally Ryde I’ve been chatting to some of the team about this, one thought was to check that the plugins are up to date as this can sometimes cause issues when using them alongside other tools/embeds. 

Let me know if this makes a difference, if not I’ll keep digging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ally Ryde we’re still looking at this one and are wondering if you could let us know which plug in you were using so we can do some testing? 

Thank you. @Christopher3 I disabled some setting on my WP Rocket plugin and it seems to be working. Thing is, I want to be able ot run WP rocket to keep my site fast, so, this is only a temporary workaround. I am still looking for a solution as well. 

This is my wordpress page url you can check https://minecraftapk.club/

I am facing same issue with my wordpress page https://iconnecttechnologies.com/    

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks everyone, we’ll need to do some testing but will try to see if there’s a solution for using the widget with the plugin 🙏

This is my Wordpress site URL MangaKakalot could you please check it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mangakakalot I don’t see a videoask embed on that page? Do you have the widget positioned somewhere already? 

There’s been a big discussion around how we can support these plugin issues with Wordpress. It’s very difficult as the VideoAsk code works, so it’s not an issue with the widget, it just doesn’t always play well with ever plugin 😅 At the moment we don’t have the capabilities to make adaptations for the plugins, but perhaps this is something we can look into in the future and work more closely with Wordpress to optimize videoask embeds. I have added it to the feature request board so the team will keep it in mind for future development.