Question

Any way to remove keyboard shortcuts ?

• 17 February 2022
  • 10 replies

On desktop I can possibly understand, but I'm on mobile… 😰 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sylvain Proov Welcome to the community! It isn’t possible to remove the keyboard shortcuts, as they are there for accessibility purposes. 

Yes, on desktop i got it. That make sense. But how do you type a letter on mobile in this case (prev screenshot) ? they is no input here, no keyboard is displayed 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah, that’s a really good point, @Sylvain Proov . Let me share this with the product team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sylvain Proov Our product team let me know that they tested removing the “A, B, C, D” last year, and it actually led to a decrease in completion rate on mobile, oddly enough. They’re going to keep them there for the time being, but hopefully this gives a little hope that the labels are helpful!

Well, would it be possible to let us having the option to enable or disable it. I understand the benefits, but right now, it’s really ugly (sorry) and it’s also sometimes confusing for the users. Then please let us the control on this feature, to enable it or not and customize it or not. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mango3D We don’t have an option to turn them on/off, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

Hi @Sylvain Proov Our product team let me know that they tested removing the “A, B, C, D” last year, and it actually led to a decrease in completion rate on mobile, oddly enough. They’re going to keep them there for the time being, but hopefully this gives a little hope that the labels are helpful!

Interesting, maybe the labels helps to summarize in our head the total number of choices. And then we think "i'll choose option B" instead of "I'll choose {entire sentence}". But in this case, maybe it would be more appropriate to turn ABC into 123

Btw I agree with @Mango3D, it would be nice to have this option :p 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Definitely an interesting way to think about it, @Sylvain Proov !

I’m glad I found this exchange. I agree with the folks above on having the option to enable/disable the feature. Having the “OK, yes, continue, enter” in addition to the required button is redundant, confusing to users, and throws of the fung shway. Do you mind flagging this for another product team review?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @mhall Thanks for sharing your feedback! I’m happy to share this with the product team, though I can’t make any guarantees that this is something that will be added to their roadmap or prioritized. As always, keep an eye on the community in case that changes!