Question

[BUG] Max characters reached when copy&paste

• 23 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In order to restrict participation, I created passwords which need to be inserted to be able to proceed. I then check via logic whether the numerical password is correct.

Since, there is not a good option for that, I created a question which requires a number as answer. However, when I copy&paste a password in there (similar to 8484859). It first gives an error “max characters used” and after 2-4 seconds, I can successfully submit the answer.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jonas. Thanks so much for reporting this!

I wasn't able to reproduce the error on my side. Would you mind sharing a screencast showing the issue? Also, could you please share the typeform URL? We'll be happy to look into this :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This typeform. Copy&Paste the password: “8484859”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jonas - a fellow user here.. i can confirm that i saw the ‘red warning text’ about Max Characters on the screen for a couple of seconds then it slipped away 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks a lot for sharing @jonas. And thanks for testing it @john.desborough:hugging:

I was able to reproduce the issue too and I've reported it to our team. As soon as I hear from them, I'll be back to you in this thread. Talk soon!