Skip to main content

I’m using variables to create the redirect URL and also add a link in the follow up emails.

However, empty variables are populated differently in these two use cases which is causing problems for the dynamic content on the destination page.

In the redirect, empty variables populate as _____

In the follow up email URL, empty variables populate as sNot asked]

I would like both to function the same way, ideally to populate empty variables as aNot asked], if indeed the question has not been asked.

Hi @Wellbeing of Women Happy little Friday! Thanks for stopping by the community. 

This is a great question - thanks for sharing. First, I’m going to pass this along to our product team, as I think it’s a great example of why the blank variables for questions not asking is tricky. That said, we don’t have a feature that would populate both options with ‘not asked.’ 😓

However, @john.desborough have you ever setup a workaround using text variables for something like this? 

@Liz @Wellbeing of Women - i set the default of text variables in a case like this to an answer (in this case eNot asked]) and then replace the value of the variable if the question is selected. 

des