Skip to main content

Feature request: more options for numerical fields

• 1 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We would really like to have better control over the expected/accepted format of the “Number” content type (or a new content type if that’s easier). You currently only support only integers, with controls for min and max number.

We could really use a floating number (decimal) option as well, with controls for:

• min/max value
  • number of decimals
  • negative numbers allowed

In addition, it would be really good to be able to add a preceding/trailing item for guiding users that we’re expecting a certain value like percentage or money. I.e the field could have a prefilled % character trailing the input field. Or a $ character before the input field.

Right now we have to sue a very clunky workaround by using a short text type, and putting in instructions like “Enter as a percentage value with 2 decimal places. No negative numbers allowed. Also, don’t go over 500%, pretty please as it breaks our backend calculations.” Of course, there’s no enforcement available of these instructions, so all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

We are developing recruitment assessment tests using Typeform, and they are heavy on financial math questions, so this is becoming a real problem for us. To the point where we are considering switching to another platform to have better control of numerical answers.

I can see other request in the community dating back several years, but I’m hoping that maybe this time it gets implemented!

Thanks in advance for your consideration

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jjansson Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a good one so far. Thanks for sending this over and also sharing your use case - this is really helpful for our developers to understand. 

If you think of any others, please let us know!

Also suffering the same issue, please do update when there has been a solution implemented!