Question

Other option won't be recorded if users don't press Enter key

• 21 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Just want to report a bug (or a design issue?). When users select one or more options, and then type something in  “Other” in a multiple selection question, and click Submit without pressing enter key or clicking on the tick button, what s/he just typed won‘t be recorded in their response.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ivy.H thanks for stopping by the community and sharing this! This is expected behavior, but I can see how this isn’t the most user-friendly since the respondent would need to click that check box to save the answer. I can share this with our product team, and if you have any other questions/suggestions, let us know!

Hi! I came here to say the same.

The confirmation box on the Other option that needs to be clicked (or pressing Enter) is confusing since it gives the sensation that it already has been selected. If it’s on the bottom of the screen, it’s on non-clickable area and you don’t even notice you haven’t confirmed. It just happened to my CTO and me while doing some testing together.

We use this feature a lot in an important aspect of our business, and now wonder if people were making extra petitions that actually didn’t reach us.

As Liz mentions, a readability change on Typeform’s part will probably do the trick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bleta - a simple workaround at the moment would be to put that reminder in the Description area of the typeform. I saw this on my forms and that it what i have done to make sure that the user is aware. 

des

@Bleta - a simple workaround at the moment would be to put that reminder in the Description area of the typeform. I saw this on my forms and that it what i have done to make sure that the user is aware.

True, although we already have much text giving context on the questions so it would add even more friction

Any updates on this “bug”/design issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mah It isn’t currently on the roadmap to update this field, but if I do have any updates, I’ll post them here.