Answered

Picture upload from device camera

It would be great for people to be able to take and upload pictures using their device camera.  And even better if there was functionality to assess the quality of the image on the way in and reject it if it were blurry or insufficient contrast, ie: too dark and then give feedback to the user saying, please try again with more light or please try again without moving your image is blurred.

And then I’d also like the link to each image to be available for passing via zapier to our CRM.

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 April 2021, 22:47

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TraceyL thanks for stopping by! If you have the file upload field in your form, this should prompt the users to be able to upload a file from their mobile or take a photo. Though, it can depend on device and what the device’s software allows. If you’re noticing issues with it and wouldn’t mind sending over the form URL, I’m happy to take a look!

As for editing the image within the form, I’ll share this feedback with our product team!

I found this API: https://sightengine.com/docs/image-quality-detection

It looks to be free, there are others we found as well.

It would be great to have an option to select to run images uploaded into the form through this before accepting them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TraceyL thanks! I can share this suggestion with our product team. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know!

Just agreeing that it would be great if there was an option to take a picture or upload an image. We are finding that a lot of people on mobile just find it too much work to take a picture, then upload it into the form. It is causing major dropoff in our form and second this idea. The image quality detection would be nice but not mandatory!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ScottPilgrim Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback. 😁

Hello,

Has there been any update on the ability to take a picture dirrectly on the form? In addition, were you able to add an image quality detection tool?

All insight and workarounds are helpful.

Selma

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Selma369369 If you have the file upload field on your form and your respondent is using a mobile device, their mobile device should provide them this option already. 

Hey @Liz  - that is not the feature request mentioned. What is requested is that you can take a live picture using the form that becomes a response. 

Uploading an image to a form is a step that I personally have seen cause massive dropoff. If you could take a picture to submit as part of the flow, I have seen this be a huge improvement in conversion, flow metrics etc.

So our goal with one of our forms is to ask for a respondent to take a 3 profile pictures, essentially, the pictures will be the answer on that question.

Can you please detail to me the current process? Are there achievable/known workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Selma369369 You would need to add the file upload field then three times in order to obtain three different profile photos, as the file upload field can only accept one file. 

Thank you. Can that be done on the same question? or does it mean we can only upload one picture per quiz question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Selma369369 Our file upload question allows for one file, or picture in this case, to be uploaded per question. So, if you would like them to upload three images, you would need to add the file upload question three times. 

For laptops, can you prompt them to take a photo and upload it with their laptop webcam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kevintoaster I believe this depends on the computer they’re using, but usually it requires them to upload an existing file on the computer.