Suggestion - Duplicate Email Notifications

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I would like to see the ability to duplicate notification emails added to Typeform, or a way to send individual email notifications to specific addresses without needing to manually re-create the same notification every time.

We have 84 locations and we use Typeform to collect comment cards and surveys from customers.  My goal is to send emails to each individual store with each form received for their location. 

To do that, we have email groups for each location (M601@store.com, M602@store.com, etc.) since managers change somewhat frequently.  Customers do not know those email addresses, so I’ve used variables to set those based on the location a customer chooses.  Right now, sending emails to a specific store is a manual process where the email notification goes to someone on staff and they forward it to the relevant people.

The issue is that we don’t like how the “All Form Fields” option displays - it’s not super user friendly, so our notification emails have a specific format that we like and have adjusted to.

Problem number 1 is that I can’t put data in a variable into the To field for email notifications - at least it doesn’t look like I can.  I figured my way around that one by adjusting my trigger to set an email address based on a customer’s answers, bypassing the variable step.  Would still be nice though to set an email address with variables.

Problem number 2, the bigger problem, is formatting those notification emails.  Since there is no “duplicate notification” option, I need to recreate it every time - 84 times.  I can copy/paste from the current notification into the new notification, but none of the recall fields, or whatever you want to call the light blue boxes that recall information, copy over.  So, I would need to manually set all 29 fields for each of those 84 notifications.  I really don’t want to do that 2,436 times.

So, can that be added, or is there some way around this problem that I’m not seeing?

Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jake Charlson Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing this! I totally agree that the ability to duplicate notification emails across forms would be really helpful as well as the points made about variables and “All form fields”. Thanks as well for sharing your use case. I’ll pass this along to the product team!