Feedaback

🤔 [WDYT?] Let's choose our community ranks

• 19 November 2020
  • 35 replies

Badge +5

Hope everyone is well today. 

As some of you may have noticed, the community has something called ranks, these are titles based on someone’s all time activity. They basically measure evolution and activity in the community and they give a good idea of how new or how pro a member is. 

The community has some default ranks names, so Im intending to change them and make them more ‘Typeform’. 

Currently there are 8 ranks, see below. 

Ignore the duplicate rank, but I guess you all get the point. Your user title will evolve as you get more active in the community - note this does not apply to Typeform staff. I’m thinking to start with 5 ranks and then add more in the future depending of how quick you guys rank up :rocket: !

The starting point is to define a pattern or sequence - basically there needs to be a link between those ranks and a natural evolution, such as (1) crawling (2) walking (3) running (4) kite-surfing (5) flying. I’d never choose this sequence by the way, just want to provide an example. 

We need to think about something linked to building typeforms… good challenge, huh?

Would love to know what you think. 

@james @Marta @picsoung @Christine_Werner @Nordin @maxgayler @suzieq 

35 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Without overthinking things. I personally like the old fashioned levels to represent activity level.

I don't see the difference between 5 or 8 in terms of names. Less titles means stronger, more powerful titles. I think a title should give a sense of achievement but also a desire to hit the next, meaning that once achieved a title, they won't necessarily want to stay at that title.

Some of these titles so far presented in this thread remind me of people naming their kids apple and magenta….

If my next title would be dabbler, tastemaker,  well I wouldn't even want to hit the next level.

But if I was to think ‘out of the box’ and attempt to reinvent the wheel. then I would go for something like this:

King/Queen

Prince/Princess

Duke/Duchess

Marquess/Marchioness

Earl/countess

Baron/Baroness

Baron/Baroness

Knight/Dame

Sage

Old Hand

Tutor

Enthusiast

Aspirant

Commoner

Freshling

The bottom 2 on my list are designed to get people active and want to move yup, which requires more participation. We want to see progression into Old Hands, and Sages.

But at the end of the day, a 25yr old will have a different language than a 50yr old and want to be called different things as well...

Badge +5

I think this is the key @TFJunkie 

Less titles means stronger, more powerful titles. I think a title should give a sense of achievement but also a desire to hit the next, meaning that once achieved a title, they won't necessarily want to stay at that title.

I like these

Sage

Old Hand

Tutor

Enthusiast

Aspirant

Commoner

Freshling

The only missing bit is that these ranks are not linked in anyways to Typeform. What’s the common denominator among all those ranks? Knowledge sharing?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I feel clarity & humanity in this version from @maxgayler 😃

1. Just got here
2. Feeling friendly
3. Sharing wisdom
4. Form fanatic
5. Honorary Typeformer

Badge +5

I feel clarity & humanity in this version from @maxgayler 😃

1. Just got here
2. Feeling friendly
3. Sharing wisdom
4. Form fanatic
5. Honorary Typeformer

:point_up_2_tone3: I tend to agree and Im tempted to go with these at least during beta   The current ones are a bit dull.

Userlevel 3

@maxgayler , what’s your view on the tastemaker?

I quite like tastemaker! I personally don't feel like it is super on brand but it isn't far off. If we're looking to add more levels than 5 then I think it is a good contender.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

just remember that there are some of us who are Boomers (me).. not Gen Z or Millenials but really old curmudgeonly folks (think Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino)… I am probably an outlier here but it’s not just all about the form, it’s about creating value (internally and external) 

des

Badge +5

just remember that there are some of us who are Boomers (me).. not Gen Z or Millenials but really old curmudgeonly folks (think Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino)… I am probably an outlier here but it’s not just all about the form, it’s about creating value (internally and external) 

des

Client Eastwood can be the top rank  :joy:

Now seriously, what do you think of these, Des?

1. Just got here
2. Feeling friendly
3. Sharing wisdom
4. Form fanatic
5. Honorary Typeformer

Do they feel to Millenial to you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - Clint says two thumbs up … though #4 could just be FFanatic

des

Userlevel 3

Hey all,

Some of these are really cool! @Gabriel maybe we could have a page somewhere in the community that gives a witty description of each ranking as well?

Here's my suggestion after remixing / stealing from some of the ones mentioned so far:

1. Just touched down
  2. Exploring the land
  3. Sharing wisdom
  4. Form fanatic
  5. Innovator
  6. Typeform tastemaker​​​​​​
Badge +5

Hey all,

Some of these are really cool! @Gabriel maybe we could have a page somewhere in the community that gives a witty description of each ranking as well?

Here's my suggestion after remixing / stealing from some of the ones mentioned so far:

1. Just touched down
  2. Exploring the land
  3. Sharing wisdom
  4. Form fanatic
  5. Innovator
  6. Typeform tastemaker​​​​​​

Very good suggestion(s), Mr Robinson.