Answered

Why do you need to scam simple people?

• 15 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I was searching for weeks to find a website that allows me to make free surveys…
I thought I found it with you Typeform… but turns out this is just as consumer unfriendly as the rest of them. You make your survey, you work on it for hours just to realise that not after finishing they charge you but after collecting 10 Answers… If you ask me, that is even worse than charging immediately.

Why not make it free ? Include advertisment into the surveys to profit the company ?

Wouldn`t recommend.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 15 February 2022, 11:42

View original

3 replies

Badge +5

I was searching for weeks to find a website that allows me to make free surveys…
I thought I found it with you Typeform… but turns out this is just as consumer unfriendly as the rest of them. You make your survey, you work on it for hours just to realise that not after finishing they charge you but after collecting 10 Answers… If you ask me, that is even worse than charging immediately.

Why not make it free ? Include advertisment into the surveys to profit the company ?

Wouldn`t recommend.

Hi @davidlbs thanks for the idea about including advertising in forms to make them free - it’s an interesting one but I don’t think it’s a fit for us. People that use Typeform tend to see higher response rates because of how much effort and love we put into making the form attractive to the respondent – adding advertisement would be definitely harm response rate. 

Having said that, strategies change over time so you never know :D

Regarding Typeform pricing and payment plans. They should be quite clear here https://www.typeform.com/pricing/

As seen above, the free plan is to get a taste of Typeform and see if it suits your needs. Then you can make your decision regarding whether or not a paid subscription is worth it for you. 

The fact that the free plan only allows 10 responses should be visible and clear to users. All the info is in this Help Center article. 

Also, I can’t see how any of the above is a scam. This is how most SaaS products work from a payment plan. 

Hope this helps. 

Hey Gabriel,

regarding your points, I wanted to share you my point of view on how I got here and what I wanted to do with typeform and the reason why I am so upset. 

I googled how to make free surveys. After trying a few other sides that were “free” at the start which immediatly charged me for money the second I wanted to finish my survey I found your side, which also as google said in the beginning was “free”. I made a test survey which included like 1 question and then finished it. I was surprised I didnt get asked for any payments etc. and the survey worked so I was like:”hell yeah this site is good”. 

After that I made another survey which somehow resembled the final survey that I planned on making and finsihed it. I got it out to some friends.

Then after 10 answers from them I first found out about the buisness models etc. and that it is not free…

As my goal is to only make 1 survey which will reach a couple thousand people according to plan, paying that money for only one survey is a no go for me as I am quite poor. 

This might be a bold question from me but do you know any other sides where I can make a survey for free that works and reaches enough people?

Sorry for beeing upset at first, I am just a young poor guy who wants to make a study on wheter a buisness model on a dream that I have has a chance of having a place.

Hi,

I got the exact same experience as David.

I searched for a free tool and Typeform came up.

I created my survey, sent it to 40 people and now I have to pay 252€ to keep using it.

I think the communication  about pricing and plan is not clear enough on the website. A warming message should prevent users when they create survey that they will have to pay to get the results.

This message should not come after finishing the survey.

Can I get in touch with the customer service to see how we can handle the situation ?

Thank you.