Workflows

[Customer Story] How Typeform + Automate.io integration saves ROSTR four hours every week.

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies
[Customer Story] How Typeform + Automate.io integration saves ROSTR four hours every week.
Userlevel 2

Hello everyone,

Ash here from the partnerships team at Automate.io. @James invited me to the community to share the success story of our mutual customer, ROSTR — the world’s fastest and the most up-to-date music industry directory.

I spoke to Mark Williamson, Founder of ROSTR about how he has saved hours of valuable engineering time by integrating Typeform with Automate.io. I hope this inspires the Typeform community to craft their own success story :)

Here's a summary of what Mark and his team are doing:

How ROSTR uses Typeform and Automate.io

Challenge 1: With a small team of only six people, team ROSTR had to ensure that the minimal engineering resources at their disposal were used efficiently.

Solution: ROSTR integrated Typeform directly into their music directory platform which gathers information from users about artists, labels, and agents to build out the database.

Challenge 2: Team ROSTR wanted to take the legwork out of managing submitted info and streamline parts of their support and onboarding processes.

Solution: They used Automate.io, a no-code workflow automation platform to integrate Typeform with their other business apps.

Here’s one of their workflows set up in action — it automatically raises tickets in Zendesk when users submitted a Typeform (mentioned above) to correct inaccurate listings data.

Want to get the full scoop? Read ROSTR’s entire success story on Typeform’s blog.

The Workflows:

Besides the Zendesk integration, ROSTR set up a whole bunch of automation sequences between Typeform and other apps to reduce user friction on their platform.

I’m sharing their workflows below for you to get inspired and create your own:

1. Turn Typeform entries into Zendesk tickets: This workflow helps ROSTR automatically create Zendesk tickets when users submit any Typeforms on their platform. I’ve mentioned one of the examples above.

2. Create Trello cards from new Typeform entries: This workflow helped team ROSTR effectively prioritize and address the information they gathered from their pre-launch user research

3. Send Slack notifications for new Typeform entries: This workflow helps ROSTR ensure that their team is always in the loop and no responses from their product feedback Typeform fall through the cracks.

4. Add and tag Mailchimp contacts on update in HubSpot: With this workflow, ROSTR was able to automate their user onboarding and cut a ten-step manual user approval process down to one.

Want to use these workflows for your own business? Just click the recipes above to get started right away.

The Result:

These workflows have helped Mark focus on improving their product and growing ROSTR. Here are the key benefits he points to:

• ROSTR’s customer activations improved by 10% in just two weeks.

• Automate.io saves their engineering and support team four hours every week.

• Their engineering team has more time to focus on building the core product of their business operations.

I’d love to hear from all of you on if these workflows are useful and how you might apply any of these to your business?

P.S. Do you integrate Typeform with Automate.io? Feel free to share your workflows in the comments below :)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice one @ashutosh  love this case study so much. You could say reading about all of Mark's implementations was music to my ears :musical_score:  (arf arf) 

Seriously, big thanks to you and Mark for all your hard work putting the case study together and for your storytelling prowess – it's been a blast working with you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ashutosh - excellent post/materials, a lot to consider here and an excellent set of ‘reasons’ to find use cases in our own spaces that might match..  thank you

and the blog article is just as good! 

cheers

des

Userlevel 2

Nice one @ashutosh  love this case study so much. You could say reading about all of Mark's implementations was music to my ears :musical_score:  (arf arf) 

Seriously, big thanks to you and Mark for all your hard work putting the case study together and for your storytelling prowess – it's been a blast working with you! 

Likewise, @James! It was great working with you too in building this story. :smile:  

Userlevel 2

@ashutosh - excellent post/materials, a lot to consider here and an excellent set of ‘reasons’ to find use cases in our own spaces that might match..  thank you

cheers

des

Thanks for your kind words, @john.desborough. Would love to know if you’re currently integrating Typeform with any of your apps? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

cheers

des

Thanks for your kind words, @john.desborough. Would love to know if you’re currently integrating Typeform with any of your apps? 

@ashutosh - at the moment I am using only two integrations ‘in production’ - Google Sheets and Trello. For all the use cases that I have at the this moment, they are sufficient for what I am doing. On my current exploration list include Hubspot, Thinkific, and a couple of others that are further down the list. I can provide more details on this and other intended directions after a couple more coffees lol.. it’s early and it’s snowing here in Ottawa Canada this morning (freak incident) but that will all change in 24 hours.. lol. more later

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, that’s a great case study, @ashutosh . It’s so good to see the ‘how’ and the impact from automations (10% improvement in 2 weeks is impressive!).

Thanks for sharing this with us.