Tip

[Quick Tip] Introducing the fastest way to create new typeforms...

[Quick Tip] Introducing the fastest way to create new typeforms...
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday one and all. Wanna save some time making typeforms so you can finish up a bit earlier today? Here's a quick tutorial to help you create a new typeform in an instant:

1. Visit typeform.new in your browser.

2. Start creating your typeform.

That's it. Told you it was quick.

This super cool hack comes courtesy of Typeform developers @Tyze , @Antonio  and @maxprilutskiy  who rustled up this shortcut as part of our recent two-week internal hackathon, which we call our "Hive Sprint". Kudos chaps, this one's a game changer for me. In fact, it's already saved me enough time to be able to knock off early today. Just don't tell the boss @Gabriel  🤫

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James @Tyze @Antonio 

let’s tell all our friends.. this is wicked-cool!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Very quick!! And…..bookmarked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - i tested this out ‘live’ last night when i was doing up an example form and it worked a treat. 

The one thing i noted, was that it used the ‘last workspace’ you were ‘in’ as the location for this new form. I have about 10 workspaces that i hop between so i found the form on the third look, once i had completed what i wanted to do, and then moved it to the workspace where i wanted to store this form. 

just a quick note for folks who want to give this a try. ( @vickioneill )

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Actually I hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing out @john.desborough :man_dancing:  

@Tyze @Antonio @maxprilutskiy if more people start to use this as a shortcut, would there be a way of popping up a message to indicate which Workspace it's been created in? Or some other way to notify people of this (or alternatively, have it so that new forms added through typeform.new are always saved to the main Workspace)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Actually I hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing out @john.desborough :man_dancing:  

@Tyze @Antonio @maxprilutskiy if more people start to use this as a shortcut, would there be a way of popping up a message to indicate which Workspace it's been created in? Or some other way to notify people of this (or alternatively, have it so that new forms added through typeform.new are always saved to the main Workspace)?

@James - maybe in the default My Workspace, that way it is easy enough to find them.. that would be my humble vote/upvote

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @James @john.desborough thanks, these are great suggestions! This is something we can add in the near future. Although at the moment I can't give you any certainty, but definitely I will look in to it, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @James @john.desborough thanks, these are great suggestions! This is something we can add in the near future. Although at the moment I can't give you any certainty, but definitely I will look in to it, thanks!

@Antonio - thanks.. i really like the feature, anything that enhances it is only make a good thing better.. great job to you and the team!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James - i tested this out ‘live’ last night when i was doing up an example form and it worked a treat. 

The one thing i noted, was that it used the ‘last workspace’ you were ‘in’ as the location for this new form. I have about 10 workspaces that i hop between so i found the form on the third look, once i had completed what i wanted to do, and then moved it to the workspace where i wanted to store this form. 

just a quick note for folks who want to give this a try. ( @vickioneill )

des

That's good to know that you can move the TF if it’s in the wrong workspace, des. Thanks for sharing that tip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

des

That's good to know that you can move the TF if it’s in the wrong workspace, des. Thanks for sharing that tip!

@vickioneill - being so old school i remember dos backup disks, i always make a copy of a form once it is in production and move it to a ‘backups’ workspace… just in case.. lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

des

@vickioneill - being so old school i remember dos backup disks, i always make a copy of a form once it is in production and move it to a ‘backups’ workspace… just in case.. lol

des

That’s just smart work habits, des. lol And I remember those backup disks!! That just took me back a year or two 😉