Skip to main content
Answered

Revision note

I’d like to be able to attach a note to each revision of a form to remind myself of the changes I made to the form compared to the last version. Otherwise it’s a tedious job to compare two complex forms. I could keep a separate log of the changes, but it would be more convenient to have a note attached to each version. Does anyone do this? Can anyone suggest a simple way to do this?
Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @johnt Oh this is an interesting request. I can’t say I’ve heard of this one, but we did just release the option to undo changes. It would be tedious, but maybe you could create a doc with notes and reference the dates/times in the version history? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @johnt - when i am updating a file i always make a duplicate of the file for backup purposes and one for ‘documentation purposes’.  i typically include a ‘statement page’ with all the changes made to the newer working version in the doco version so that i know what i did to move from version-n to version-n+1. 

i  put the doco version in a separate project workspace so that i have it sitting there safely away from the working directory for that project. 

@Liz the undo feature is cool but i am so old school, i like to ensure i have backup/duplicate copies - that way i can run A/B tests as well

just my tuppence

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks both for your suggestions.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I don’t blame you! Better to be safe than sorry. 🤣

Not a problem, @johnt ! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.