Skip to main content

Seeking Feedback to improve Value Proposition Generator

• 19 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi! I've created a value proposition generator. I made this because a client of mine was having trouble describing what she does succinctly.

So you just type in some info about your business—

• target audience
  • the problem you solve
  • how you describe yourself
  • some adjectives.

You receive an email with 10 unique value propositions. I'm looking for more people to try it to get suggestions on providing better instructions and ensuring all the statements are useful.

If you have time, can you please try the form and provide some feedback? I'd love to hear anything, but specifically—

• Are any of the statements weird or grammatically incorrect?
  • Did it generate any statements you’d actually use? If so, which ones?
  • How I can improve this form?
  • Any other feedback to make the form useful.

The form is here:  https://quiz.typeform.com/to/ndKxwvSo

I greatly appreciate your time and any feedback you can offer! Thank you, and have a great day!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @makelearning Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing this! One quick question - how is the form being accessed by respondents? Is it on a website or sent via email? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Liz! It will be via the direct typeform link, as part of a course. Curious, will this make a difference? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @makelearning James here from the Typeform Community team, welcome to our little pocket of the internet!

First of all I LOVE this idea – I think it’s a really simple and effective way to help people with a very common challenge (one which, serendipitously, I’m actually having at the moment!) So kudos on creating it, overall I felt it was a very seamless and enjoyable process with a valuable pay-off at the end. 

Here’s some feedback in answer to your questions:

• Most of the statements I got sounded good in terms of their structure/grammar. I would be able to conceivably use 1,2,4,6, and 10. In the case of the ones that didn’t work it was the “improve” bit that didn’t quite work. I’d answered “fear of the unknown” to the related question, and obviously that’s something that’s not really “improvable”. So maybe it’s a case of providing more guidance/examples on the question, or reworking the language in the answers to be more “catch all”.
  • The email is really useful, although your call to “reply to this email” doesn’t work well, as replies go to “noreply@typeform.com”. You should be able to change this by adding your email address to the “reply to” field in the Follow-ups settings in Typeform (or integrate with your marketing automation tool)
  • In terms of the form itself, you said it’s linked to as part of a course – do you give any context there around how to complete the value proposition generator? The reason I ask is I think it would help to have had a little more info as to how to complete the form. When I first launched it I started typing long answers to each question with a lot of detail. It wasn’t until I was quite far through it that I realised the answers should be short and to-the-point for it to work properly. The examples in the question descriptions helped but it would have been good to get some guardrails from the start to advise that I keep each answer concise. Maybe showing an example of the end result up-front would have helped here (or even an embedded video of you quickly explaining the best practices for completing it.)
  • I love the intro copy but I would put "How can I hire you?" in quotes (that's just the nitpicky old editor in me coming out, it's really not a huge deal haha)
  • With question 1 ("are you clear on who you are and who you serve" - it wasn't crystal clear to me that there would be a series of questions to follow. It almost felt like I should have been answering on that first statement page. Perhaps you could reword to say something like "Welcome, let's find out if you're clear on who you are and who you serve. The following questions will help me/us understand":  (then the bullet list)

• Love the way you've recalled information to make it feel more conversational! I noticed that this one should probably be change to "what are xxxx 's primary problem or challenge" since the audience should mostly be plural (right?)

• At the end of the form the “Done” button redirects to the Typeform site. As much as we love getting traffic, it might be better to change the link here to a page on your own site. 

Hope at least some of these ramblings are useful in some way 😛 Would love to hear what others here think, too!

Hi @James Thank you so much for this feedback! All of it is very helpful. I definitely need to add more instructions on how to complete it. My first version of this was an Excel spreadsheet and I provided verbal instructions to everyone who completed it beforehand, so they understood how it worked, but in this case, I see how it’d be helpful to add more context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @makelearning glad it was helpful 😅 Yeah I think including verbal instructions could be a good idea.Keep an eye out for the new Typeform for Growth solution, which will include support for recording and embedding video into forms. I’m personally looking forward to this as I think it’ll be great for these kinds of cases where extra context is useful (and it can help with trust/ building personal brand).

Thank you, @James. Sounds like a great feature. I’ve been using Zoom Clips or Vimeo, but this would be much easier to record and embed within Typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@makelearning - i agree with all of @James comments ..a couple of other points, 

• depending on what the user (me in this case) inputs, the bullets you sent back are ‘long,  run on phrases’ - ok so maybe i used a few words more than anticipated… lol.. 
  • you could use the Ending page to provide a sample or two of the output with a message that more like this are going to arrive in your email shortly. 
  • using the typeform follow-ups to send out the details leaves you a little bit ‘short’ in terms of what you CAN provide and how it looks in the email. 
    • suggest that using something that pushes a ‘better email’ out through your CRM, ESP or using something like Document Studio with Google Sheets to create a more custom email/report that looker prettier - and allows you to better direct the reply-to capabilities - would be cherry on the top. 

my tuppence from the igloo

des

Thank you so much for the feedback and sorry for the delayed reply @john.desborough! I really appreciate you trying this out and leaving such detailed feedback. Yes, it would be nice to get a prettier report—I think I saw something in the Typeform resources you created about report output, so I will check that out and I will work on it.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @makelearning !