Answered

Bring your own backend?

• 12 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello! We love typeform’s capabilities for building forms and accessible UIs, however we like to have a tight grip on our sensitive data. Is it possible to take full advantage of the typeform form UI, and connect it directly to our own backend APIs for data storage so that our data doesn’t live on typeform’s servers?

icon

Best answer by mathio 12 February 2022, 21:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @andfrank 

you could use our Webhooks API to store your typeform data on your own server. There is also Responses API to delete your typeform responses

I am afraid it is not possible to bypass Typeform servers completely.

Hello @andfrank, I know a lot of people have raised this concern. So, here's the deal: if you want to use Typeform's awesome form UI but keep your sensitive data under your control, there's a solution called SDK Tripetto. It lets you connect create and collect to your own backend APIs for data storage. That way, your data doesn't reside on their servers. Check out SDK Tripetto for more details on how it can help you out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ChiaraLL from what I see SDK Tripetto is completely separate product with UI resembling the one of Typeform. However thats where all the similarities end.

Can i hook up my own Form backend service to this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Irishgeoff 

Typeform does not support using different backend services out of the box. However if you would like to store responses in a different place than Typeform, you can use webhooks to save them anywhere you’d like. You will need to build the endpoint to save the response yourself.