Answered

Calculator conditions if multiple replies meet the same condition

• 23 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Let’s say I need to Group all of the US states into 5 different regions, and want to assign SAME SCORE to any state which fits into particular group (10 points for West, 100 for East, 200 for South etc).

Is there any separator (equivalent to “OR”) in the “If” condition, which could work for mentioning all the states, which satisfy the criteria?

My goal is to create 5 conditions for each region, and list all the States within one region as a condition, so that I don’t have create separate conditions for each individual state.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 April 2021, 01:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dennis_maksymov - are you using the classic builder or the new builder? 

if your builder looks like this, then you are on the new builder

you can use the Advanced Logic functions under the Logic tab to do the OR logic as you describe. the image below shows a simple example:

you create a logic rule then add condition of “and” or “or” …. i am using variables in this example but you can use answers to questions as well. 

hope this helps a little 

des

@john.desboroughTHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. It’s really weird since I’ve registered about a week ago, but looks like I had to deal with the old builder by default. Will update it now so that I can use this feature.

UPD. Got to excited too early. Looks like it’s impossible to request early access to the new builder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dennis_maksymov 

try the Typeform support team are best placed to handle any New Builder queries, please do get in touch with them hereThey may be able to help you further regarding your request to access it. =)

P.S.: Please make sure you use the same email of your Typeform account. This is because tickets that are not raised with the right account will take more time to get a response since non Typeform users have a different priority.