Answered

Can Typeform be used for this?

I am evaluating Typeform for the following workflow. Is this possible? (Please read below).

I need to create a paid checklist cum score generator to evaluate a certain equipment, think of it like an audit.for a bus and a car. Some customers subscribe to the typeform for the bus audit, others for car audit and some for both.

This audit will be carried out by customers themselves, using the bus or car typeform according to what they subscribed to.

Every customer will be able to access only the typeforms that he has subscribed for, bus subscribers can only access their bus typeform and not the car typeform, unless they subscribe to the car one also.

Once the customer subscribes to a Bus typeform, they start the audit of their buses, like Bus 1, Bus 2, etc.

Each typeform will have a question such as for example :
a) Are all tires in good condition?-Yes, No, Partial
b) Does the bus have working airconditining? Yes, No, Partial

and so on. Yes has 2 points, No has 0 points and Partial has 1 point.

Each bus is unique and every such form will result in a score by adding the points for the individual questions.. This should be able to be published by the customer themselves as a pdf showing the score and the points that failed the test. (which resulted in a 0 individual point or a 1 individual point) as a kind of “Things to Improve” list as part of their report..

The scores and the report should only be accessible to the customer, not to me.

I do have a website with Wordpress and a membership plugin, where every customer has an account and the typeform can be embedded there so that the access is restricted only to the allowed members. They  do not store any of the filled typeforms or data on my website, they fill it, get the report and then download to their own local device.

Thank You for reading this far, any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 4 April 2023, 16:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Man101 Thanks for stopping by! I believe we have quite a few customers that embed typeforms into their apps for something like this. How are your respondents accessing the forms for the services they subscribed to? 

As for scoring the form, this article here can give you some insight on how to add calculations to the form. Additionally, all of the responses are stored in your Typeform account. I’m afraid we don’t have a feature that would prevent the data from being accessible in your account. 

Hello,

Thank You for responding!

Customers will access their typeforms via a membership site built on Wordpress (using a plugin called Learndash, or we can use some other Wordpress membership plugins like Suremembers or PaidMemberPro). However the Typeform is like a template, so any customer who subscribes to it will see the same one (There will not be individual accounts that have unique typeforms for every subscriber), basically anybody who is a member of the “Bus” form can see it and use it. But all “bus form” subscribers see the same form.

Where will the data they fill in get stored? On my site in a temporary folder, or in Typeform backend? Will it be encrypted? If some user wants to keep this data private, is there a way to do it? Alternately can the data be deleted by user if they choose to? This is only to meet GDPR like rules, customers may or may not want to delete the filled-in data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Man101 Ah interesting, thank you! The data is stored in your Typeform account, so if you’d like your respondents to access it, it may be worth looking at some of our integrations here

Additionally, this article here explains a bit more about where your data is stored. 

If the user would like to delete the data, they need to contact the form owner (you) to remove that data. 

Hopefully that helps, but let me know if you think of any other questions!