Answered

Can we import all responses from Google surveys into typeform?

• 2 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

We currently host our surveys in Google Forms and would like to know if we can we import all past responses from Google surveys into typeform? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 April 2021, 22:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Casey.ForiaWellness - this from the proverbial fellow user

Typeform won’t let you import data results into their platform, from prior surveys. 

That said, i use Google Sheets to work around that issue. I have a number of surveys that were on other platforms and loads of data that i wanted to connect to revived surveys create with Typeform. my solution is outlined below:

• create the new typeform survey 
  • Connect to Google Sheets and dump one test response into the new sheet
  • create additional tabs in the google sheet to contain reporting structure, historic information and any other tabs you want to leverage
  • on what i call the Reporting tab, i lay out the structure of the survey columns using the field names that make sense to me (instead of the typeform long names on the first tab) and map to the existing data set (that may take some work if you change the structure in any way but you can figure that out) 
  • i then replicate the data in the Reporting tab with all the data from the historical survey data tab - copy paste, whatever works for you .. 
  • in the row below the historic data now in the Reporting tab, i put in the arrayformula() statements in each field to capture the data from the main tab where typeform dumps the data from the survey 
    • this will allow the reporting tab to continue to grow with the historic AND the new survey data
  • i can now report on the entire population of old and new off a single tab. 

this gets all my data “connected” to my typeform work going forward. I can also relate data in other google sheets by a unique identifier on the tabs - the email address works well for me - and that allows me to connect disparate looking typeforms into a cohesive view of respondents, which works for me. 

hope that might help some.. 

des

Userlevel 2

Wow!! Thank you for that thorough explanation/how-to @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow!! Thank you for that thorough explanation/how-to @john.desborough !

if i can save you three 8 hour second shifts deep into the night and too many coffees to stay awake, i am happy to help lol. 

now if only it will work for your purpose. lol

des