Answered

changing default address fields from USA

• 16 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anybody know if  / how the address fields can be changed from those currently shown?

Screenshot attached.

I want to use UK address fields if poossible.

Thanks 😀

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 February 2023, 13:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You mean these texts, the placeholders?

65 Hansey Way

Apartment 4

Palo Alto

California

Userlevel 1

Yes - so the field descriptors themselves and the actual “dummy information” reflects the country where the survey is being carried our (rather than the USA as they are shown on the default form im seeing now)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@balance power - there are a number of other posts on this topic in the Community and, unfortunately they all resolve to the same thing: it’s not possible to change them at this time (it’s a relatively new add to the functionality of Typeform) but they are aware of the need and the Product team is supposed to have this on the drawing board for some time in the (near??) future.. 

des

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I would also be interested in having that customization option.

I noticed that when translating the form to French and Spanish, there are some fields for which placeholders are translated, and some not, which could probably be fixed quite quickly. Happy to send more information about that by email if someone can reach out by PM.

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot guys - really helpful :0)

Lets hope the mini improvement happens soon ish

Not a massive issue - but would be good to have this option / flexibility in the future if possible

Any update on this yet? Seems like it should be a quick and easy addition.

Hey, just checking on this. We have a disability company in Australia and this is really confusing to use with our participants.

I would like to see this as well. Quite offputting for countries outside of the US to be showing default US address.  Whole point of typeform is to make really nice forms that show we understand our customers.

Any idea when this will be implemented? (or at least something that would let us edit the standard address form). Doesn’t seem like a big ask!