Answered

Confirmation of email?

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have been wondering if there is an option to double confirm email adress?

To specify: we want to create typeform where people can vote for best company of the year (or sth else) but we are afraid that peole will try to vote more than once with made up/not thiers email adresses.

So we would like to have some “double confirmation” of email adress - like after they fill in the typeform, they will be send an follow up email in which they would click on something to confirm that they voted. 

But I cannot find this kinf of option in creating the follow up email.

tl,dr - is there an option in follow up email after filling in typeform to confirm that it is in fact thier email?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 March 2022, 13:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@oz V.I.A.C. - welcome to the community.. 

you could use the “notifications” function in the Settings to send an email on the submission of the form back to the user - you can customize the email (within capabilities of the tool) - BUT tracking the follow-up click or confirmation from the email side of the house is NOT a capability of Typeform. 

One way to use typeform like this would be to have them click a link in the email that says “you need to confirm your email” that takes them to a single question typeform that says “Thanks for agreeing to confirm your email - click the button below to ‘lock in your confirmation’ : include the email address as part of the URL as a hidden field to be passed into the form, use a statement page/question/block (depending on your terminology) that has a hidden field variable to accept the the inbound email address and then you have your acceptance and confirmation 

my tuppence this morning 

des

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much! :)