Answered

Confirmation Screen URL

• 9 September 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m trying to set up tracking so that I will know when someone reaches the confirmation screen. Are there certain url parameter for the confirmation page?

If not, how to set up the confirmation page as an event that I can track. 

icon

Best answer by picsoung 13 September 2021, 21:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cma-cc Thanks for stopping by! We don’t have a way to track the thank you page/confirmation page specifically, but if you happen to be embedding the form onto your site and have front-end knowledge, you could use an onSubmit callback to track the submission. 

The onSubmit callbacks can be found here. Would this help at all? :grin:

Hmmm, I dont think that’s gonna work. We are hosting on typeform.

So, is there really not a way to set up a pixel to fire on a specific page of the form? I just want to be able to know when someone has completed the form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@cma-cc - this is from another user..

you can use the email notifications setting to send yourself a note when the user submits. simplest way 

i posted a possible solution in another thread that you could search for, but it goes something like this:

• create a text variable, say, v_ending_confirmation
  • when you route the user to the form ie the last page of the survey with the submit, you can use the logic rules to set the value of the variable to something like ‘ submitted’ or if using multiple ending pages you can identify which ending page in the variable. 
  • on submit, the variable is recorded along with the answer values from the questions
  • you can use your integration with your crm or automation software to capture the variable input into a tag and fire off a sequence there .. 

just a couple of thoughts

It’s more for ad tracking. I want to know which marketing materials are driving people to the form and resulting in a successful form completion. I’ve found lots of articles about how to add general tags to Type form, and I know that Google Tag manager has ways to great events that you can track but I don’t know how to designate the completion step as as event. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@cma-cc - suggest adding UTM strings to your urls from the ads and enabling the typeform to look for them. 

that activity about designating the completion step as an event might be covered in one of the recent Product Update notes here in the community (not sure but.. ) but that happens ‘outside’ Typeform.. 

UTMs will only categorize the traffic. They can work in conjunction with pixels and event tracking but they can’t to it alone.

I’m just shocked because this is basic function that all of their competitors have. 

Is there a way to talk to an actual Typeform rep? I’m just shocked that this basic functionality doesn’t exist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cma-cc Thanks for your reply. We don’t offer phone support at this time, but happy to continue answering questions for you here. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cma-cc 

if you are interested to attribute traffic to different add source you might be interested by our integrations with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager

They will fire an event when the form is submitted.

We also do integrate with Facebook Pixel.

Another way to measure impact of your ads could also be by redirecting respondent once they submitted the form. You can redirect to the page of your choice, and pass utm tags in the URL.

So you can have a flow that look like this

ad to a typeform link with utm tags → fill out the form → get redirected to another page with utm tags

Hope it makes sense