Answered

Custom payment gateways - Redirect - and get back

• 13 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,

I am looking to connect custom payment gateway, as Stripe is not enough and it has limitations.

Could you recommend a best approach to do it. I want to implement other payment method? 

1. Would we need to redirect on the payment stop to the payment gateway?
  2. And only submit form if payment is successful?
  3. What if payment fails, can we return back to form to show that they need to repeat 
  4. If payment is successful, can we return back to type form success page? Or we cant and must create elsewhere a success page?
  5. Also, can type form store response from that payment gateway to it form field? (So later we can use it to trigger refund, from a system)

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 December 2021, 17:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ Happy Monday! (almost wrote Friday...I’m way too wishful.) I hope you’re having a great week so far. 

If you’re looking to connect to another payment gateway, the only way to do this would be through our redirect option, where you could redirect the respondent to a page on your site where the payment is available. Though, I’m afraid we don’t have a way to connect the two platforms together, so the typeform wouldn’t be able to tell if the payment was successful there or send the data back to the same typeform. 

You could create a second typeform and pass information into the form from that payment gateway (if possible, as you’d need to check with the service) to have them continue on in a form. You can read more about this here

Hopefully this helps a bit!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

So any redirect would be treated as a successful completion of a form? E.g. we are collecting a payment, but once payment mode was opened, person dropped it, so in this case we dont want to save the response, as no payment is made.

Also, we are collecting client emails, e.g. payment form could redirect with to other payment window + contain client email in the url, which would be used as successful payment or not (this could be used for another form as you mention, or simply to store resposne email + payment resposnse)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ValdemarQ That’s correct. The form won’t redirect unless they click the submit button, so it would count as completion. Though, as we can’t connect Typeform to other payment gateways, we wouldn’t. have a way to know in the form if a payment was successful outside of the typeform. 

If the payment gateway you decide to use allows for passing information into their payment system, you should definitely be able to recall the email address from the form and add it to the redirect URL. 

Is this a feature Typeform could develop? Third-party payment gateways such as Authorize.net and others besides Stipe? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kylemeythaler We are working on another payment integration, though I’m afraid it’s not with Authorize. Keep your eye on the community for the upcoming integration!