Question

Custom Variables available in Webhook?

• 10 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am using Custom Variables to break sets of questions into subgroups and provide scores for each subgroup based on answers. I would like to use a Webhook upon submission to send the Custom Variables to Airtable through Make.com. When I connect Typeform to Airtable via make using the webhook, I do not see the Custom Variables available. I see each answer and several other attributes of the submission, but no these Custom variables. Are they available somewhere that I am missing? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @justjack296 The custom variables should appear both in our native integration and in webhooks. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you have the webhook setup? Additionally, do you have any data attached to a custom variable yet? 

Badge

Thanks Liz - I can get the variables in the native airtable integration for sure, but I may not be able to use Airtable (or at least not the native integration) afterall since I need these variables to drop into linked fields and lookup fields and the native integration doesn’t like that of course. So I am using Airtable as the target for now using Make.com to get the variables over. However, they just don’t show up. Maybe it is a Make.com problem because I can see them in Zapier, so apologies if that is the case. I just have multiple other connections setup in Make.com so I was trying to stick with that platform. 

Here is a Loom of my setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh interesting - thank you for sharing! @Michaela do you happen to know what might be the issue here?